You are here
Volunteer Agreement For LIVE Olympic Volunteer
The following agreement is between volunteers in the LIVE Olympic Project and Community Collaborations International/The Hub for Direct Community Action. You, as a volunteer, must sign at the end of this form to indicate agreement and permission to participate.
This Volunteer enters into this agreement with Community Collaborations International (CC International), a project of the The Hub for Direct Community Action, PO Box 1372 Cedar Ridge, CA 95924 with the following mutual agreement:
Community Collaborations International will provide:
All food, lodging, all transportation while in Brazil, volunteer project management, four Olympic sporting event tickets, recreational activities, entrance fees to cultural sites, entrance to Opening Ceremony viewing party, liability insurance and travel medical insurance.
All volunteers will stay at our Volunteer Headquarters at the Rio International School Campus located 5 miles from Barra Olympic Park, the largest concentration of Games venues. The facility has the following amenities:
- Onsite security guards at all times
- Clean and functional bathroom facilities
- Sanitary food services and dining area
- Onsite communications
- Access to medical support
- 24 hour WIFI service
- Fresh water
- Safe and secure sleeping areas
(A) Standards of Conduct for Volunteers of Volunteer Programs
1. Persons admitted to the Project are required to comply with Project rules and regulations as well as those of the host institutions and organizations.
2. Volunteers in the programs are expected to show respect for the host country customs and regulations, to show maturity and reasonable behavior in public and private settings.
3. Accordingly, each volunteer is required to assume full responsibility for his or her own behavior and conduct careful use of facilities made available and/or entrusted to him or her.
4. The use of illegal drugs or prohibited chemical substances will not be tolerated under any circumstances.
5. No volunteer should attempt to smuggle or purchase or use any offensive weapons during their stay in the host country.
6. While in the host country, volunteers are subject to the host country laws. It is the responsibility of each volunteer to know and comply with the host country laws. In this instance the laws of the Federative Republic of Brazil.
7. It is the responsibility of all volunteers to have the valid and necessary travel documents needed for travel overseas.
8. It is the responsibility of all volunteers to assume responsibility and potential liability in all matters, in particular, in matters of compliance with regulations concerning the consumption of alcoholic beverages.
9. It is understood and agreed that should a volunteer elect to remain overseas at the location of the Project or else where after participation in the Project, Community Collaborations International/The Hub for Direct Community Action and hosting institutions/organizations will cease to act as sponsors of the volunteer.
10. Community Collaborations International/The Hub for Direct Community Action reserves the right to dismiss from the Project any volunteer whose conduct or continued presence interferes with or threatens to interfere with the rights or wellbeing of the volunteer, the community of the host institutions and organizations, or any other persons.
11. Once in the Program, the decision to dismiss may be made by the Project Director in appropriate cases including consultation with the hosting institution and/or organization. A representative of Community Collaborations International/The Hub for Direct Community Action will attempt to notify the volunteers’ parents or legal guardians, and a staff member may assist in arranging the volunteer’s immediate return to their home country. Any additional transportation expenses incurred as a result of early departure are the responsibility of the volunteer. Any volunteer thus dismissed immediately ceases to be a volunteer in the Project he or she was previously enrolled in and loses all benefits and forfeits any academic credit and any fees paid.
(B) Project Changes or Termination made by Community Collaborations International/The Hub for Direct Community Action.
1. I understand that Community Collaborations International/The Hub for Direct Community Action reserves the right to make cancellations, changes or substitutions in cases of emergency, low enrollment, changed conditions or in the interest of the group.
2. Should Community Collaborations International/The Hub for Direct Community Action cancel the Project, full refund of all payments will be made unless the cancellation is due to political, natural, or other catastrophes beyond its control in which case Community Collaborations International/The Hub for Direct Community Action will be able to refund only recoverable funds.
3. Community Collaborations International/The Hub for Direct Community Action will endeavor to adhere to all arrangements made but nevertheless reserves the right to cancel or alter any parts of the Project should unforeseen circumstances make this advisable.
(C) Insurance Coverage.
1. I understand that Community Collaborations International/The Hub for Direct Community Action will provide basic Emergency Medical Travel Insurance and requires that all volunteers be covered by appropriate medical insurance and that all volunteers be financially responsible for expenses not covered.
(D) Medical Treatment.
1. I understand that while I am abroad an emergency situation may develop which necessitates medical care, hospitalization, or surgery. Where possible, the Project Manager or Director, or agent will contact my parents, guardians or next of kin prior to such treatment.
2. I understand that all medical treatment not covered by insurance provided shall be solely at my expense.
(E) The Community Collaborations International/The Hub for Direct Community Action Payment and Refund Policy
Project Service Fee Payment Schedule and Refund Policy
The project service fee includes:
- Airport pick-up and drop-off
- Tours and projects coordination
- Local transportation
- Community service projects
- Volunteer work coordination
- Entrance fees to attractions
- Tickets to four Olympic events
Project Service Fee: $2988.00 per person (International airfare and related costs not included)
Initial Deposit $350.00 (due 5 days after receiving acceptance)
March 1, 2016 $1319.00
May 1 , 2016 $1319.00
If a volunteer wishes to withdraw from the project for ‘whatever reason’ prior to March 1, 2016 he/she will be refunded all recoverable costs. A withdrawal fee of 10% of the Project Service Fee will be charged.
If a volunteer wishes to withdraw after March 1, 2016 for ‘whatever reason’ he/she will NOT be eligible for ANY Refund.
(F) Financial Obligations.
1. Volunteers (and parents, guardians or next of kin, if applicable) agree to discharge all indebtedness or obligations to the Community Collaborations International/The Hub for Direct Community Action as stated in Section E of this document. The undersigned hereby assume(s), jointly and severally, full responsibility for and agree(s) to indemnify and hold harmless Community Collaborations International/The Hub for Direct Community Action, their employees, representatives and agents (including any educational institution and hosting organizations in the host country, any host family, any pension or lodging) from and against any and all claims for loss, damage or injury to person or property sustained by the volunteer or any other person or organization, by whatever cause (including any act or omission, negligent or otherwise, on the part of any person or organization) arising out of or relating to the volunteers participation in the Program.
2.In furtherance and not limitation of the foregoing, the undersigned agree(s) to reimburse, indemnify and hold harmless Community Collaborations International/The Hub for Direct Community Action and its representative, agents, the host institutions/organizations against any bills, fines, returned unpaid checks or any financial claims or penalties relating to the volunteers enrollment in the Project that may be submitted to the Community Collaborations International/The Hub for Direct Community Action following the volunteers departure from the host country of the Project.
(G) Authority of the Project Director.
1. I recognize the program’s onsite Project Manager of Community Collaborations International/The Hub for Direct Community Action or its designated agent/representative as the designated authority in matters pertaining to my compliance with the norms of prudence and the laws of the United States and the host country.
2. I recognize their authority to dismiss me from the project if I use illegal drugs and/or excessive alcohol, or if I engage in conduct, which in their opinion, may endanger myself or others and/or is detrimental to the project. I forfeit my right to participate further in the project and agree to return to the United States (or other designated domicile), if so instructed.
(H) Force Majeure.
1. Community Collaborations International/The Hub for Direct Community Action, and their officers, employees and agents, will not be responsible for any delay or failure in performance resulting from any cause beyond their control, including without limitation: war, strikes or labor disputes, civil disturbances, fires, natural disasters, and Acts of God.
(I) Assignment of Rights & Obligations
1. Neither party shall assign or otherwise transfer its rights or delegate its obligations under this Agreement without both parties prior written consent. Any attempted assignment, transfer or delegation without such consent shall be void.
1. The failure of a party to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not be deemed to be a waiver of such right.
1. Any provision of this Agreement which is prohibited by, or unlawful or unenforceable under, California law, shall be ineffective only to the extent of such prohibition, without invalidating the remaining provisions of this Agreement.
(L) Choice of Law and Forum.
1. This Agreement shall be construed, governed and interpreted pursuant to the laws of the State of California. All disputes arising under this Agreement shall be brought before a proper state or federal court in the State of California.
Section B: Entire Understanding
1. This Agreement expresses the entire understanding and all agreement of the parties. Neither party has made or shall be bound by any agreement or representation to the other party which his not expressly set forth herein.
Section C: Release
1. I understand that participation in the Project is entirely voluntary and that any project of travel involves some element of risk.
2. I understand that I will assume the risk in recognition and appreciation of the dangers, hazards, and risks of volunteering abroad, which dangers include but are not limited to transportation delays and accidents; foreign laws that are more rigidly enforced than in the United States; contracting serious or deadly indigenous diseases such as Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Typhoid Fever, HIV and AIDS, Malaria and Yellow Fever; being a victim during a civil disorder or terrorist attack; natural disasters such as earthquakes, hurricanes and tropical storms, mud slides, flooding, and volcanic eruptions which could include serious or even mortal injuries and property damage.
3. Further, I understand Community Collaborations International/The Hub for Direct Community Action may have minimal influence to intercede in my behalf in the event that I violate the law.
4. I agree that in partial consideration of Community Collaborations International/The Hub for Direct Community Action sponsoring this activity and permitting the volunteer to participate, I (including my parents guardians or next of kin) will not attempt to hold Community Collaborations International/The Hub for Direct Community Action, its officers, employees, or agents liable in damages for any injury, death, or loss to person or property sustained by me while participating in or arising out of any travel or activity conducted by or under the auspices of the Community Collaborations International/The Hub for Direct Community Action, hosting institution and organizations.
5. I understand that Community Collaborations International/The Hub for Direct Community Action L.I.V.E. Olympic Project is not in any way authorized by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with the International Olympic Committee or any national or international amateur sports organization or governing body.
By submitting this form, you also agree, for yourself, your heirs and assigns, to release and hold harmless Community Collaborations International/The Hub for Direct Community Action, its officers, employees, and agents from any legal claim or liability for any injury and personal property damage that is caused to you by the negligent act or omission of Community Collaborations International/The Hub for Direct Community Action, its officers, employees and agents while you are participating in the program.
Confirmation of Understanding
I/we confirm that I I/we have read and understand these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them. I hereby apply for admission to the Community Collaborations International/The Hub for Direct Community Action L.I.V.E. Olympic Project for the period starting approximately February 1, 2015 ending approximately August 27, 2016 accept the supervision and authority of Community Collaborations International/The Hub for Direct Community Action throughout my association with the Project, and to conform to the group regulations, Laws of the Federative Republic of Brazil and to conduct myself as a responsible representative of my college and/or country.
8345 NW 66th St Suite 7627
Miami FL 33166